- Define the following term.
- State the Faraday’s 1st and 2nd laws of electrolysis.
- Name three factors affecting the discharge of ions in electrolysis.
- A given quantity of electricity was passed through 3 electrolytic cells connected in series containing solutions of silver trioxonitrate v, magnesium, tetraoxosulphate vi and calcium chloride respectively.
- If 15kg of magnesium are deposited in the 2nd electrolytic cell,
i.) Mass of silver deposited in the 1stcell.
ii.) Volume of chlorine liberated in the 3rdcell at18`c and 750mmHg pressure. (Ag=108, mg=24, IF=96500C)
Molar volume of gas at STP=22.4dm3
- Calculate the mass of copper deposited at the cathode if 4A of electricity is passed for 60 minutes in copper II tetraoxosulphate VI.
- Explain with chemical equation the following.
i.) Oxidation reduction reaction
ii.) Double decomposition reaction
iii.) Catalytic reaction
iv.) Reversible reaction
v.) Displacement reaction
vi.) Combination reaction
vii.) Thermal dissociation reaction
- What are oxidizing agents? List 8 examples.
- What are hydrocarbons? List 5 examples.
- What are Alkanols? Give their general molecular formulas.
- Define Radioactivity.
- What is a Homologous series? Give 5 examples.
- What is Allotrophy? List the allotrophy
- What is phrasal verb?
- Give 10 example of phrasal verbs stating their meanings and make sentences with them
- Your younger brother is now in J.S.S. 3. Write a letter to him advising him on how he would prepare for his J.S.S.C.E. so as to pass with distinctions in all the subjects
- Test of Orals.
Write out five words that contain the sound of the bold letters
- Write out the phonetic symbols for voiced and voiceless consonants.
- Distinguish between regular and irregular verbs, finite and non-finite verbs and transitive and intransitive verbs.
- Define conjunction and state its types.
- The following information relates to the books of account of Adom LTD.
TRADING, PROFIT AND LOSS ACCOUNT FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31ST DECEMBER, 2014.
GHC GHC Open stock 20,000 Sales 240,000 Add: purchases 160,000 180,000 Less: closing stock 36,000 Cost of goods sold. 144,000 Gross profit cld. 96,000 240,000 240,000 Sale and distribution expenses.73,200 Gross profit bld. 96,000 Administrative expenses. 14,000 Net profit 8,000 96,000 96,000
BALANCE SHEET AS AT 31ST DECEMBER, 2014.
GHC GHC GHC GHC Share capital Fixed assets Ordinary share 100,000 at cost 125,000 Preference share 10,000 Less: Depreciation 25,000 General reserve 24,000 100,000 Profit and los s Current Assets: Account 8,000 32,000 Stock 36,000 142,000 Debtors 39,000 Cash and Bank 7,000 82,000 Current Liabilities: Trade creditors 28,000 Accruals 12,000 40,000 182,000 182,000
You are required to calculate the following:
i.) Gross profit percentage.
ii.) Net profit percentage.
iii.) Return on capital employed.
iv.) Current ratio.
v.) Acid test ratio.
vi.) Rate of stock turnover.
vii.) Working capital.
viii.) Shareholders fund.
ix.) Liquid assets.
b.)(a) State two ratios which fall under the following classification of accounting ratios.
i.) Three uses of accounting ratios.
ii.) Two limitations in the use of accounting ratios.
- The following balances have been extracted from the books of Kolawole and Sons limited.
N 1/1/2009 Purchase ledger balances CR 59,370 1/1/2009 Sales ledger balance 98,720 Total for the year 2009 Purchase journal 773,260 Sales journal 998,310 Return outward journal 13,240 Return inward journal 22,780 Cheque paid to supplier 730,500 Petty cash paid to suppliers 390 Cheques and cash received from customers 929,800 Discount allowed 29,150 Discount received 10,670 Bad debt written 1,970 Customer cheque dishonoured 150 Balance of sales ledger set off against balance of purchase ledger 5,180 31/12/2009 Purchase ledger 72,650 Sales ledger 108,290
You are required to purchase;
i.) Total debtors control Account.
ii.) Total creditors control Account.2.) (a) State and discuss the types of business organizations. (b) Discuss Entity concept and its features. (c) State and explain types of products and services.
What changes has President Buhari made to Nigerian economic policy? If education helps to increase economic growth, why don’t politicians pay more attention to education in Nigeria?